April 22, 2017
First off, I’d like to say HAPPY NEW YEAR to all the Puslinch residents out there.
Now, how many people have a resolution related to health and fitness?
I’ve been talking to a few Puslinch residents recently, and have to say, I’ve heard a lot of great resolutions, most of them pertaining to health and fitness.
So, whether you have a “resolution” or not, I thought it would be a great time to share a new activity starting in Puslinch … One that will help residents with any goals they have related to health and fitness.
Picture this for a minute: you input 30 minutes onto the treadmill timer, but hop off after 20 (hey, you broke a sweat, right?). Then you complete two sets of curls instead of three. And those lunge exercises? Well, they can wait until tomorrow. The point is, even with a set workout schedule, it’s easy to cut corners—especially if you’re going at it alone.
But, wait, here comes… BOOTCAMP!!! (and right here in PUSLINCH too)
For those of you who are not familiar, Bootcamps are military-inspired workouts that burn mega calories. These workouts are based on cardio, strength and agility, and can be done by just using your body weight.
Now, you might be thinking, “military-inspired, YIKES!” And I get that, it’s intimidating … BUT … what THIS bootcamp offers, are modifications. Modifications that will accommodate all fitness levels from beginners to intermediates, right up to advanced.
There will be a FREE WEEK of bootcamp classes, run Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 6am-6:30am at the Optimist Recreation Centre (ORC) in Aberfoyle, starting on Janurary 25th, 2015, for ALL Puslinch residents.
1. Monday January 25th, 2016 from 6am-6:30am
2. Wednesday January 27th, 2016 from 6am-6:30am
3. Friday January 29th, 2016 from 6am-6:30am
Questions? Email us at: [email protected] or “like” us on FaceBook at: MadNic Fitness
Whether you join a bootcamp, go to the gym or workout from home, the important thing to remember is to BE ACTIVE!! Follow the tips below to “help you get active” and you’ll kickin your Resolution’s butt in no time.
Tips to help you get active:
- Choose a variety of physical activities you enjoy. Try different activities until you find the ones that feel right for you.
- Get into a routine — go to the pool, hit the gym, join a spin class, do a home workout, attend a fitness class (like BOOTCAMP) or set a regular run and do some planned exercise. Make it social by getting someone to join you.
- Limit the time you spend watching TV or sitting in front of a computer during leisure time.
- Move yourself — use active transportation to get places. Whenever you can, walk, bike, or run instead of taking the car.
- Spread your sessions of moderate to vigorous aerobic activity throughout the week. Do at least 10 minutes of physical activity at a time.
- Join a team (like BOOTCAMP) — take part in sports and recreation activities in groups. You’ll make new friends and get active at the same time.