December 14, 2017
Since its creation in 1970, Earth Day has become a global day of action and awareness. At our libraries, we have resources and materials to help you go green!
Go Green for Earth Day!
For quick tips and articles, magazines can be a great resource. Be sure to check out Mother Earth News, Canadian Gardening, and Clean Eating magazines.
We offer many educational books for all ages on topics relating to the environment, such as:
- Slick Water: Fracking and One Insider’s Stand Against the World’s Most Powerful Industry by Andrew Nikiforuk
- Running With Nature: Stepping Into the Life You Were Meant to Live by Mariel Hemingway
- I Love Dirt!: 52 Activities to Help You and Your Kids Discover the Wonders of Nature by Jennifer Ward
- All New Crafts for Earth Day by Kathy Ross
- Franklin and Friends: Franklin’s Earth Day (DVD)
- Max and Ruby: Earth Day Party (DVD)
Head to your local branch during the month of April to see what is on display and to get some creative ideas to help you commemorate Earth Day 2016!