December 14, 2017
(Full time Contract – 1 Year* Permanent 3 days/week after one year)
The Township of Puslinch is seeking an energetic and motivated individual to fill the position of Administrative Assistant.
The major responsibilities include:
- Provide administrative support to the various departments (Administration, Fire and Public Works & Parks) including preparation of correspondence, collection and entering of data into the applicable Township software programs
- Distribute and process incoming mail including management of the Township’s general email account
- Receives and tracks enforcement complaints and prepares correspondence
- Respond to general inquiries at the Township’s counter and over the phone
- Prepares and maintains employee files by ensuring required training obligations are fulfilled e.g. Health and Safety, Accessibility
- Prepares and coordinates for all departments job postings, interviews and employee orientation in accordance with Township policies
- Provide administrative and legislative support to the various committees of Council including assembly and disbursement of agendas, draft motions and minutes within required timeframes, schedule and coordinate delegations and preparation and scheduling of meeting rooms, as required.
- Community college diploma in Office Legal Administration or related field
- Minimum 3 years related experience in legal office and in customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills including the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and database applications
A comprehensive benefit package is also provided. Interested applicants are invited to send a detailed resume and cover letter by no later than 4:30 p.m. Thursday, February 9th, 2017 to the Deputy Clerk, Township of Puslinch, 7404 Wellington Rd 34, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0 email: [email protected] For a more detailed job description, visit our website at www.puslinch.ca
*Please note this position is Full-time Contract for one year and returns to a permanent 3 days/week position after one year.
If you need an accessible format, please email [email protected] or call (519) 763-1226 ext. 207. If you are contacted regarding this position, please advise of any accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. The Township is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicant Information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for candidate selection.