Help Wanted In Puslinch!From time to time, PuslinchToday.ca will post job openings for local businesses looking to hire new personnel. Below you will find these listings when available. Please contact the hiring companies directly as we have no further information about these positions than what is listed on this page.
Please share links to this page on your Twitter and Facebook feeds to help us spread the words about jobs available in our area. Thank you.
If you are a local business and are hiring, contact us to inquire about listing your job openings by clicking here.
Current Job Postings:
Fire Chief – Part-time – 4 year Contract
The Township of Puslinch is seeking an energetic and motivated individual to fill the position of Fire Chief for a contract period of 4 years. In this leadership role you will have the opportunity to serve an involved and engaged community that values the volunteer fire fighters that provide fire protection services.
The major responsibilities include:
- Direction and leadership of the Fire and Rescue Services Department
- Financial management and accountability of the Department
- Oversee the Public Education and Fire Prevention, Life and Community Safety functions and programs
- Oversee training of personnel and administration and enforcement of applicable legislation
- Diploma or degree in Business or Public Administration or other related discipline is an asset
- Ontario Fire College Certification
- Minimum 10 years related experience with five (5) years management experience
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence decisions and effect change
- Extensive knowledge of applicable legislation including the Fire Protection and Prevention, Occupational Health and Safety and Municipal Act, etc
- Demonstrated ability in understanding best practices in the delivery of fire services
- Superior interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team environment and establish strong professional relationships with external stakeholders
- Computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and database applications
If you need an accessible format, please email [email protected] or call (519) 763-1226 ext. 207. If you are contacted regarding this position, please advise of any accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicant Information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for candidate selection.