Fall Rural Romp – This Saturday, September 24
The Fall Rural Romp is a free self-guided tour of Wellington County farms, markets, nurseries, and food destinations. Enjoy a day in the countryside, learn about local food and agriculture, and experience the local bounty.
Look behind the scenes and learn how your food is grown, raised, and prepared.
Farm Visits – Tours – Pumpkins – Corn Mazes – Harvest Foods – Fall Decorations – and more!
Rural Romp Stops
The Rural Romp has 19 exciting locations for you to explore, each one offering a unique experience. Catch a glimpse of a water buffalo, say hi to alpacas, or meet some pigs. Pick up incredible pastries, learn about the coffee roasting process, and visit a brewery, cidery, or distillery. Check out local farmers’ markets, see a tree nursery, go for a nature hike and visit a variety of local farms. What will be on your itinerary?
- Aberfoyle Farmers’ Market
- August Tree Flower Farm
- Calehill Farms
- Crieff Hills Retreat Centre
- Dixon’s Distilled Spirits
- Elora Farmers’ Market
- Ever Smiles Gardens
- The Green Legacy Tree Nursery
- The Guelph Farmers’ Market
- Harmony Meadows Alpaca
- Heartwood Farm and Cidery
- Joe’s Home Farm and Greenhouses
- Majestic Water Buffalo
- Planet Bean Coffee Roastery
- Salad Days Farm
- Strom’s Farm and Bakery
- The Tartlet
- Thatcher Farms
- Wellington Brewery
The Rural Romp is a free event. We encourage you to support participating businesses by purchasing products along the way.
Please note that some locations offer a paid component for part of their experiences, i.e. corn mazes, concerts, etc.
Rural Romp Tips
- Pick up a map. Download and bring the Rural Romp map or pick one up at any of the Rural Romp destinations. Directional signage is located along the Romp to help you find your way.
- Bring your camera, take photos and post with #RuralRomp #tastereal
- Take a cooler. Keep the food you purchase along the romp fresh and safe.
- Leave your pets at home. Many farms do not allow pets on their property.
- Wear proper clothing. There are places where you will have the chance to get dirty so dress appropriately.
- Pack an umbrella. The event occurs rain or shine so bring plenty of layers and a raincoat.
- Carry a little bit of cash. Few locations don’t accept debit or credit.