April 19, 2018
This fall you may meet members of the Puslinch Fire & Rescue Services at your door. We are hoping it will be a good experience as they will be arriving during the daytime armed with useful knowledge and information. We will be visiting homes in the Western areas of the Township to create awareness around smoke alarms, carbon monoxide (CO) alarms and the importance of home escape planning.
The fire department will be reaching out to the public with this door to door campaign with some very important fire safety messages. We hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to ask questions and utilize the visit to ensure your home is in compliance with the Ontario Fire Code Regulations. A successful visit will result if we leave your home knowing:
- The residence is in compliance with the Ontario Fire Code
- The homeowner understands the requirements of working smoke & CO alarms
- Alarms are installed in optimum locations and working
- The homeowner understands how to test and maintain their alarms
- You understand the importance of developing and practicing home escape planning
The focus of the Home Safety program will be on fire education and ensuring compliance so charges will not have to be laid.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: please contact fire prevention, Puslinch Fire & Rescue Services at (519) 821-3010