July 19, 2019
On June 28, 2017 at approximately 8:40 a.m. a Wellington County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officer was monitoring traffic on Highway 6 near Concession 4 in the Township of Puslinch. The officer observed a male driving a blue Chevrolet Silverado travelling at a speed that appeared to be well above the posted speed limit. The vehicle was locked on radar at 120 km/h in an 80 km/h zone.
The officer stopped the vehicle and investigation revealed the driver was driving while under suspension, with no insurance and using plates not authorized. The driver was arrested for driving while under suspension.
A subsequent search of the vehicle located a replica firearm and bear spray both readily available to the driver.
43- year-old Mehdi ABBASPOUR-MIRZABAIL of Toronto has been charged with the following offences:
- Possession of a Weapon for Dangerous Purpose x 2 contrary to the Criminal Code (C.C)
- Fail to comply with Recognizance x 2 (C.C)
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order (C.C.)
- Speeding contrary to the Highway Traffic Act (H.T.A.)
- Driving under Suspension x 2 (H.T.A.)
- Use plate not authorized for vehicle x 2 (H.T.A.)
- Operate a motor vehicle without insurance (Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act)
He was held for bail court.