February 19, 2019
The Township of Puslinch is seeking an energetic and motivated individual to fill the position of Heavy Equipment Operator.
The major responsibilities include:
- Provide the safe operation of Township equipment including heavy equipment relating to road maintenance and construction, forestry operations, storm water maintenance and winter control activities
- Perform daily safety checks and minor maintenance on equipment
- Perform additional duties and special projects as required
- Perform maintenance on Township Small Drinking Water Systems
- Respond to after hour emergency calls as required
- Rotational on-call is required
- Shift work may be required during winter control
- Heavy Equipment Operator Certificate or equivalent experience
- Minimum three (3) years experience in a related environment
- Valid DZ drivers licence in good standing
- Experience in mechanical repairs and welding would be an asset
- Operation of Small Drinking Water System Certificate or willing to obtain
- Sound judgment and decision making skills
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Computer experience in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
2018 Salary Range is $57,116 to $64,292. A comprehensive benefit package is also provided. Interested applicants are invited to send a detailed resume and cover letter by no later than 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 3, 2018 to Township of Puslinch, 7404 Wellington Rd 34, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0 email: [email protected] For a more detailed job description, visit our website at www.puslinch.ca
If you need an accessible format, please email [email protected] or call (519) 763- 1226 ext. 207. If you are contacted regarding this position, please advise of any accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
The Township is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicant Information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for candidate selection.