September 10, 2020
Development & Legislative Coordinator
Township of Puslinch
The Township of Puslinch is seeking an energetic and motivated individual to fill the position of Development & Legislative Coordinator. The major responsibilities include:
- Review, accept and process Zoning By-law and Minor Variance applications. Respond to inquiries regarding interpretation of the Township’s zoning by-law.
- Act as Secretary-Treasurer to Committee of Adjustment (PDAC)
- Over-see, process and sign responses to solicitors inquiring about the status of zoning, building, subdivision and site plan compliance letter requests.
- Research and coordinate required information regarding the history of development files.
- Coordinate with the Township’s consultants and solicitor, external agencies and Township staff the inclusion of appropriate conditions in development agreements.
- Review submission of various documents including letters of credit, insurance certificates, surveys, etc, to ensure they are in the proper form and the Township’s interests are protected. Approve legal documents (transfers, easements, postponement, affidavits and undertakings) as to form.
- Process and circulate Site Plan applications
- Monitor and track compliance with the agreements
- Coordinate the release of documents with the Township’s solicitor.
- Community college diploma in Public Administration or related field
- Minimum 5 years related experience in a municipal environment
- Membership in the Association of Municipal Managers, Clerks and Treasurers of Ontario, preferred.
- Completion of Municipal Administration Program, Parliamentary Procedures and Primer on Planning course, preferred.
- Law Clerk Certification, is an asset
- Strong organizational skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and database applications
2018 Salary Range is $60,132.80 to $67,685.80 . A comprehensive benefit package is also provided. Interested applicants are invited to send a detailed resume and cover letter by no later than 4:30 p.m. Friday, July 27th, 2018 to Township of Puslinch, 7404 Wellington Rd 34, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0 email: [email protected] For a more detailed job description, visit our website at www.puslinch.ca
If you need an accessible format, please email [email protected] or call (519) 763-1226 ext. 207. If you are contacted regarding this position, please advise of any accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
The Township is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicant Information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for candidate selection.