October 14, 2019
If you are unable to vote on Voting Day, October 22, 2018 or on the Advance Voting Days, you can appoint a Proxy. A Proxy is a person who is an eligible voter and whom you trust to vote on your behalf. To appoint a Proxy, you have to complete an Appointment of Voting Proxy form. The form to appoint a Proxy will be available at the Township Clerk’s Office commencing August 1, 2018 until October 22, 2018. Your Voting Proxy must bring the forms to the Township Office during business hours as listed below, and have it certified by Township Staff. The individual who is to be appointed as the Proxy must attend the Township Clerk’s Office in order to make a declaration.
For the purposes of registering as a Voting Proxy, the Township of Puslinch Clerk’s Office will be open:
- Weekdays – Monday, September 4, 2018 to Monday, October 22, 2018 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 13, 2018 between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 17, 2018 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Appoint more than one Voting Proxy;
- Act as a Voting Proxy for more than one other person (this restriction does not apply if the appointed Proxy is the spouse, sibling, parent, child, grandparents or grandchild of the appointees)
- Complete an application form, including a statutory declaration that the person appointed as a Voting Proxy is a qualified elector in the municipality; and
- Present the application and appointment document to the Township Clerk, or designate, in person at the Clerk’s Office
- Submits the appointing document as certified by the Clerk or designate, to the deputy returning officer; and
- Takes the prescribed oath
The Township of Puslinch is committed to providing accessible formats and communication supports for people with a disability. If another format would work better for you, please contact 519-763-1226 x 207 or [email protected]