December 12, 2019
On Tuesday April 2, 2019 at approximately 2:10 p.m. members of the Wellington County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) investigated the driver of a silver sedan that entered into a R.I.D.E. checkpoint on Victoria Road at Leslie Road.
When asked for proof of identification the female driver verbally identified herself by another person’s name in an attempt to mislead officers. Police determined the true identity of the driver and placed her under arrest.
Police conducted a query of the Ontario licence plate and found that it was registered to another vehicle that was a different make and model. Further investigation revealed that she was suspended from driving and bound by a recognizance not to possess any weapons. The vehicle was also found to be stolen.
While searching the vehicle incident to arrest police located a weapon and a marihuana cigarette.
Tina HATT, 30-years-old, of Flamborough Township has been charged with:
- Obstruct Peace Officer contrary to Criminal Code
- Adult Personation With Intent contrary to Criminal Code
- Fail to Comply With Recognizance contrary to Criminal Code
- Possession of Property Under $5000 contrary to Criminal Code
- Possession of Property Over $5000 contrary to Criminal Code
- Use Plates Not Authorized for Vehicle contrary to the Highway Traffic Act
- Drive While Suspended X2 contrary to the Highway Traffic Act
- Have Care or Control of a Motor Vehicle with Cannabis Readily Available contrary to the Cannabis Control Act 2017.