Wellington County Council Adopts 2020 Budget— January 31, 2020
Wellington County Council adopted its 2020 budget with a 3.3% increase to the County portion of property taxes.
“County Council has passed a responsible budget of investment and service enhancements for 2020,” said Warden Kelly Linton. “Our expenditures are directly aligned with our Strategic Action Plan and provide a financial plan and framework for the County’s top priorities. We will continue to focus on enhancing core services for all of or residents, while making important investments in infrastructure, waste collection, health care, transportation and social services.”
2020 County Budget Highlights:
- Curbside Collection changes to provide a number of new and enhanced services for County residents, including standardized weekly organics and recycling collection.
- Additional resources to address Provincial requirements for asset management for both the County and its member municipalities.
- First full year of service for Ride Well county wide, demand based, public transit service.
- Additional resources at Wellington Terrace Long Term Care Home to provide improved resident care.
- Investment in roads capital infrastructure and facilities over the next ten years.
- 2020 allocation of an additional $6.3 million for the replacement of the Badley Bridge in Elora, $3.3 million for the continued works on Wellington Road 46 through Puslinch, and the initiation of a transportation Master Plan to identify priorities and inform future budgets.
- Planning for the closure of Phase I and opening of Phase II at the Riverstown Landfill.
- Increased investment in improvements to County owned social and affordable housing units to address increasing costs and needs.
- Continue important partnership and mental health work with the Community Mental Health Association of Waterloo-Wellington and County of Wellington O.P.P.
For more information on the County’s Strategic Action plan and its identified top priorities, visit: www.wellington.ca/strategicplan.
Tagged with: Budget politics Puslinch taxes Wellington County