May 27, 2020
Sunrise Therapeutic Riding & Learning Centre Appealing to Donors for ‘Happy Horses’ Amid Covid-19 Shutdown
What does this mean?
- Each horse is checked daily to ensure health & safety
- Feeding schedules are designed for the unique needs and healthy maintenance of each horse – and feed must be purchased and paid for!
- Despite the continued need for therapeutic services for hundreds of children and adults with special needs, each individual HORSE’S needs, mental and physical health are our priority
- This ensures that all our horses have a happy, healthy and productive life
- They receive ongoing training and exercise for their job in a gentle and supportive manner
- Just like people, horses sometimes have ‘off days’, and our highly trained and nationally certified instructors are very sensitive to recognize this and accommodate the situation
- Our Horses are never pushed beyond their comfort level
AND NOW WE ARE DEALING WITH COVID 19
Our many programs have all been shut down since the school March Break, but the Sunrise horses are our biggest concern – they still need all the care described above.
No one knows how long these challenging times will continue. Throwing a few flakes of hay and filling a water trough is not enough!
WE NEED YOUR HELP to support the ongoing exemplary care of our Sunrise horses by our qualified staff.
We realize these are very tough times for everyone and understand this is not the climate in which to be seeking fundraising dollars.
But, IF you are able to please consider a donation – however small, this will ensure our Sunrise horses are ‘HAPPY HORSES’ while we all struggle with the impact of this pandemic.
Our program participants, for whom the horses have become a huge part of their lives, have lost all their therapies – OT, PT, Speech Language, mental health counselling, Aquafit – but not connecting with their Therapy Horse is proving the most challenging. We want to be ready to welcome them back to this empowering program when we return to normal living once again.
Donations can be sent by Canada Helps, cheque, e-transfer or (if you live locally) by placing in the mailbox at the end of our laneway: 6920 Concession 1, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0
WAYS TO HELP
Canada Helps: www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/sunrise-therapeutic-riding-learning-centre/
E-transfers can be sent to: [email protected]
Cheques can be written to: Sunrise