September 24, 2021
Given the current situation surrounding CO-VID 19 the Township is extending the nomination deadline for the 2020 Volunteer Appreciation Award. Please submit your nominations by May 31, 2020.
Call for Nominations
2020 Township of Puslinch Volunteer Appreciation Award
Nomination Deadline: May 31, 2020
The purpose of this program is to recognize and honour volunteers who demonstrate generosity of time and spirit by achieving outstanding results as a volunteer, inspiring others to service or making an extraordinary contribution to a community benefit organization or by championing an issue.
The Township of Puslinch wishes to recognize the accomplishments of community volunteers. One individual or group will be selected and recognized with an award. Awards will be presented by Township Council at a future Council meeting. Nominators can be peers, colleagues, supervisors or organizations that benefit from the contributions of the nominee.
To nominate a candidate, the following must be completed:
- Nomination Cover Sheet (click here)
- Statement of Nomination, answering all the questions listed under Nomination Criteria (maximum of 2 pages)
- Short biography of the Nominee (maximum of 250 words)
- Describe the nominee’s volunteer work and their motivation or reasons for volunteering.
- What impact has the nominee’s volunteer work had on the community or neighbourhood? How does this inspire others?
- How many volunteer hours has the nominee contributed per year? How long have they volunteered with an organization(s)? What else do they balance in their life (work, school, family)?
- Any other additional information about the volunteer that you would like to have profiled.
- Decisions made by the Township of Puslinch are final.
- One individual or group is chosen from the Township of Puslinch.
- The recipient is chosen based on predetermined selection criteria.
- All submissions will become the property of the Township of Puslinch and will not be returned to the nominator.
- Each nomination must have: a completed Nomination Cover Sheet (click here) and the answers to the Nomination Criteria questions completed. Failure to include the Cover Sheet will result in disqualification.
- Nominations can be no longer than 3 pages in length, excluding the Nomination Cover Sheet. (2 pages for Statement of Nomination, 1 page for biography) preferably in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- All nominations found to be incomplete or late will be disqualified.
Completed nomination forms can be emailed to the Township of Puslinch at [email protected]. Alternatively, nominations can be faxed to 519-763-5846 or delivered to the Township of Puslinch, 7404 Wellington Road 34, Puslinch ON N0B 2J0 (please use the drop box as our offices are closed). All submissions should be addressed with Attention: Township of Puslinch, Volunteer Award.
The Township of Puslinch will notify the winner and their nominator at a future Council meeting.
All submissions must be received no later than May 31, 2020 by 4:30 p.m. to be considered for the 2020 Township of Puslinch Volunteer Appreciation Award.
For more information, contact 519-763-1226 or [email protected].