Given the current situation surrounding CO-VID 19 the Township is extending the nomination deadline for the 2020 Volunteer Appreciation Award. Please submit your nominations by May 31, 2020.
Call for Nominations
2020 Township of Puslinch Volunteer Appreciation Award
Nomination Deadline: May 31, 2020
The purpose of this program is to recognize and honour volunteers who demonstrate
generosity of time and spirit by achieving outstanding results as a volunteer, inspiring others to
service or making an extraordinary contribution to a community benefit organization or by
championing an issue.
The Township of Puslinch wishes to recognize the accomplishments of community volunteers.
One individual or group will be selected and recognized with an award. Awards will be
presented by Township Council at a future Council meeting. Nominators can be peers,
colleagues, supervisors or organizations that benefit from the contributions of the nominee.
To nominate a candidate, the following must be completed:
- Nomination Cover Sheet (click here)
- Statement of Nomination, answering all the questions listed under Nomination Criteria
(maximum of 2 pages)
- Short biography of the Nominee (maximum of 250 words)
- Describe the nominee’s volunteer work and their motivation or reasons for
- What impact has the nominee’s volunteer work had on the community or
neighbourhood? How does this inspire others?
- How many volunteer hours has the nominee contributed per year? How long have they
volunteered with an organization(s)? What else do they balance in their life (work,
- Any other additional information about the volunteer that you would like to have
Rules and Regulations:
- Decisions made by the Township of Puslinch are final.
- One individual or group is chosen from the Township of Puslinch.
- The recipient is chosen based on predetermined selection criteria.
- All submissions will become the property of the Township of Puslinch and will not be
returned to the nominator.
- Each nomination must have: a completed Nomination Cover Sheet (click here) and the answers to the Nomination Criteria questions completed. Failure to
include the Cover Sheet will result in disqualification.
- Nominations can be no longer than 3 pages in length, excluding the Nomination Cover
Sheet. (2 pages for Statement of Nomination, 1 page for biography) preferably in
Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- All nominations found to be incomplete or late will be disqualified.
Completed nomination forms can be emailed to the Township of Puslinch at
[email protected]. Alternatively, nominations can be faxed to 519-763-5846 or delivered to
the Township of Puslinch, 7404 Wellington Road 34, Puslinch ON N0B 2J0 (please use the drop
box as our offices are closed). All submissions should be addressed with Attention: Township of
Puslinch, Volunteer Award.
The Township of Puslinch will notify the winner and their nominator at a future Council
All submissions must be received no later than May 31, 2020 by 4:30 p.m. to be considered
for the 2020 Township of Puslinch Volunteer Appreciation Award.
For more information, contact 519-763-1226 or [email protected].