September 21, 2020
The County of Wellington is extending facility closures until further notice to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Extended public closures include:
- Wellington County Libraries
- Wellington County Museum and Archives
- Waste Transfer Facilities (Riverstown Landfill Waste Facility remains open for commercial waste only to assist essential businesses/services)
- Administration Centre
- County Garages
- Social Services offices (residents needing emergency Ontario Works or Housing assistance are asked to call 519.837.6274)
- Licensed Child Care (emergency child care plans are underway for qualifying frontline workers)
Refunds for Rentals and PD Day Camps
Anyone who rented facilities or signed up for Museum PD Day camps in May through June will be given a full refund. The Wellington County Museum and Archives will not be rescheduling any cancelled bookings at this time.
Committee and Council Meetings
All Committee and Council Meetings will continue via teleconference. The public will be able to call in and observe these meetings. Agendas and teleconference information will be posted to www.wellington.ca.
“The County continues to follow the advice of Public Health Officials,” said Warden Kelly Linton. “We understand the extension of these closures may be inconvenient, but the safety of the community and our staff remains our top priority as we continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.”
The County of Wellington will continue to monitor the situation closely and we will be making all appropriate changes as necessary. For the most up to date information, please visit: www.wellington.ca or check our social media platforms. For additional information on COVID- 19, and how to protect yourself, please visit www.wdgpublichealth.ca.