June 14, 2021
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, on March 19, the County of Wellington closed all waste facilities based on social distancing protocols issued by the Government of Ontario and Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Pubic Health.
As the Government of Ontario works towards the gradual and safe re-opening of businesses across the province, Wellington County will also begin re-opening its waste facilities.
Beginning May 26, all County waste facilities will re-open and resume regular business hours. Reuse Centres and textile bins will remain closed at all sites until further notice.
“We appreciate your patience and understanding as we re-open our waste facility operations,” said Warden Kelly Linton. “The health and safety of the public and our staff remains our top priority.”
As part of the re-opening process, please note the following:
- Sites may be extremely busy. Expect significant delays and wait times. Be patient.
- The use of masks or face (mouth/nose) coverings is strongly encouraged.
- Please consider using waste facilities through the week if possible, as Saturdays are typically the busiest day.
- Please use credit or debit for payment, preferably the tap function.
- Maintain physical distancing and be expedient on site.
For more information, the public may contact the SWS Division at 519.837.2601 or [email protected]