October 20, 2021
Based on a surge of COVID-19 cases, increasing hospitalization rates, hospital capacity challenges and advice from public health and the medical community, Ontario announced a province wide shutdown to stop the spread of COVID-19. The restrictions will take effect Sat., Dec. 26, at 12:01 a.m.
“We as a Community are days away from entering the Provincially mandated lockdown.” Said Mayor James Seeley.
“I implore everyone to do their part during this lockdown. 2020 has been a very difficult year and asking for families to not see their loved ones was a very difficult decision the Province had to make to ensure our Health system does not become overwhelmed with patients.
Let’s all do our part so that we have the best chance of moving out of Grey Lockdown near the end of January.
I wish everyone a safe and happy Holiday season and a Happy New Year.”
This is a rapidly evolving situation; discussions and decisions are being made on an ongoing basis. Any changes in operations will be communicated and posted to the Township’s website at www.puslinch.ca.
- Please note, our (virtual) offices will be closed for the Holidays December 24th at 12 p.m. through to Monday January 4th at 9 a.m.
- For a fire, police, or ambulance related emergency, please call 911.
- To reach our after-hours emergency service for a Township road or facility maintenance related emergency, please call 519-763-1226 ext. 6.
- Commencing January 4th at 9 a.m.:
- Township staff will continue to be available to assist and service residents by electronic means only. Business can be conducted on-line by email at [email protected] or [email protected] or by phone by calling 519-763-1226.
- Township Building Officials will continue to be available regarding permits and for inspections. These appointments can be booked or cancelled by emailing [email protected]
- Taxes can be paid through financial institutions via internet or telephone banking.
- Burn permits can be purchased online at www.puslinch.ca.
- Additionally, there is a secure 24/7 mail drop box at the Township Municipal Office, located at 7404 Wellington Road 34, Puslinch Ontario.
- All Township parks, playgrounds, trails, and outdoor amenities remain open. Our outdoor rink will operate for public skating only from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. starting December 26th for Township residents only. Please note, the outdoor rink will be closed on January 1, 2021, reopening January 2, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. All Provincial and Health Unit requirements must be complied with including the required physical distancing.
Provincial measures include, but are not limited to:
- No indoor gatherings will be permitted with people outside of your household. If you live alone, you may gather with one other household.
- Outdoor gatherings will be limited to 10 people with physical distancing.
- Prohibiting in-person shopping in most retail settings – curbside pickup and delivery can continue. Discount and big box retailers selling groceries will be limited to 25 per cent capacity for in-store shopping. Supermarkets, grocery stores and similar stores that primarily sell food, as well as pharmacies, will continue to operate at 50 per cent capacity for in-store shopping.
- Prohibiting indoor and outdoor dining. Restaurants, bars and other food or drink establishments will be permitted to operate by take out, drive-through, and delivery only.
For more information on COVID-19, and tips on taking care of your mental health during physical distancing and social isolation, please contact Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health at 1-800-265-7006 or visit www.wdgpublichealth.ca.