April 8, 2021
The Township of Puslinch is rolling out exciting changes in dog licensing. Puslinch has partnered with the company, DocuPet to launch a new licensing system that will provide pet owners with a more convenient and accessible way to register their dogs. The new system will be in place and ready for dog guardians on March 1st, 2021.
Get notified by signing up at docupet.com/puslinch
The new DocuPet system will offer many new benefits, including:
- Convenient registration that will be available online, by telephone or mail-in, or in-person at the municipal office.
- Your pet’s licence will include DocuPet’s HomeSafe™ Lost Pet Service. Each DocuPet tag has a special number on the back that’s tied to your pet’s secure online profile. Should they get loose, anyone who finds them can get in touch with our 24/7 dispatch team that helps connect pet finders with pet guardians to make happy reunions happen.
- You’ll be able to choose to upgrade your pet’s tag to a designer tag with more than 170 different options, each recognized as your official licence tag. Plus, you can personalize your tag by adding your phone number and pet’s name to the back.
- Licences will now be valid for 365 days instead of a calendar year as with the previous system.
- A portion of all designer tag sales will be donated to the Cambridge and District Humane Society.
DocuPet provides the most advanced pet licensing program in North America, driving ordinance compliance while reducing municipal costs and providing new value to pet owners. DocuPet launched its first municipal pet licensing program in 2014. Since that time, DocuPet has partnered with more than 50 communities. Its offices are in Kingston, Ontario and Syracuse, New York. In the last year, DocuPet boosted license sales by an average of more than 85% in the communities it serves and helped return hundreds of lost pets to their owners.
- DocuPet Website: www.docupet.com
- VIDEO: DocuPet’s HomeSafe Service