On May 2, 2021, at approximately 4:00 p.m., Wellington County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a two-vehicle collision on Hanlon Parkway at Maltby Road in Puslinch Township.
One driver attempted to leave the scene on foot, but was taken into custody by responding officers.
Police spoke with the driver and determined that their ability to operate a motor vehicle was impaired by alcohol. The driver later underwent further testing.
Ryan KONG, 45-years-old of Mississauga, has been charged with;
- Operation While Impaired – Alcohol and Drug
- Operation While Impaired-Over 80
- Fail to Stop at Scene of Accident
- Operate Motor Vehicle While Prohibited
- Flight From Police
- Fail to Render Assistance
- Fail to Give Required Information
If you suspect someone is driving while their ability to operate a motor vehicle is impaired, either by drug or alcohol, call police at 911 to report it.