The Council of the Township of Puslinch approved its 2022 Operating and Capital Budget
with a 3.83% tax increase. For the typical Puslinch residence assessed at $604,700, the increase
represents a $40 annual increase for the Township portion of the property tax bill. The increase per
$100,000 of residential assessment value is approximately $7 annually for the Township portion of the
property tax bill.
Taking into account the County of Wellington’s 2022 Budget and the 2022 Education Tax Rate, the
blended tax impact for the typical Puslinch residence assessed at $604,700 is 2.03% or $116 annually.
The blended tax increase per $100,000 of residential assessment value is approximately $19 annually.
“Puslinch Council has passed a responsible budget that continues to focus on our key priorities. The
Township is appreciative of the increases to the 2022 Ontario Community Infrastructure Fund – Formula
Component funding announced by the Minister of Infrastructure for infrastructure investment.”
commented Mayor Seeley.
(2021 Assessment ‐ $604,700; 2022 Assessment ‐ $604,700)
* Note that the Township and County Tax Rate is preliminary until the County Tax Policy is adopted
by County Council.
2022 Budget Highlights
- Increase in operating costs due to enhanced service levels related to the addition of a full‐time
by‐law enforcement officer, addition of a full‐time equipment operator, and addition of a part‐
time crossing guard.
- Increase in operating costs due to increases in the Ontario Minimum Wage, 2022 Municipal
Election, and insurance premium costs.
- Contributions of $1,725,750 into Discretionary Reserves for future projects and equipment
including contributions of $207,800 for future gravel road improvements.
- Over $1,879,438 invested in roads, bridges culverts, and storm water management facilities to
maintain a safe and efficient transportation network across the Township.
– Improvements to Leslie Road West, Kerr Crescent Stormwater Management Facility,
Carriage Lane Stormwater Management Facility, Gilmour Culvert, Little’s Bridge,
Concession 1 Culvert, and Concession 7 paving
- Enhancements to Township parks and facilities – Puslinch Community Centre Park Renovation and Upgrade, Replacement of Morriston
Meadows Bleachers, LED lighting upgrades at Township facilities, and Municipal Office