Frying Up That Tasty Raccoon You Accidentally Ran Over? The MNRF Wants To Know

Tomfad raccoons

If you’ve found some delicious animal that became a victim of a brush with a speeding vehicle? You’ll need to fill in a form if you intend to keep it.

The Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry says if you want to keep a dead wild animal like a white-tailed deer, moose, elk, black bear, hawk, eagle, owl or other fur-bearing mammals that have been killed or found on a roadway, you are required to submit a Notice of Possession upon acquiring the dead animal.

This allows you to keep the dead wild animal for personal use but you must keep the Confirmation of Registration for as long as the animal is in your possession. You cannot sell dead wild animals…

[Continue reading full article on GuelphToday…]