For the month of August, Wellington County Solid Waste Services has their mobile hazardous waste drop off depot in Puslinch. Located at the old dump at 6922 Concession 4, you can drop off your hazardous waste on Wed, Fri and Sat from 8am to 4pm.
There is no charge to drop off HHW materials; however, maximum quantity limits will apply.
Acceptable household hazardous materials:
- Paint and related products
- latex and oil-based paints, enamels, lacquers, varathane, epoxies, primer sealers, resins, wood finishes/preservatives, varnishes, paint thinners, paint strippers, water repellents, aerosol spray paints, linseed oil, stains, liquid waxes, plastic model rubbers/cement, hobby solvents, etc.
- Indoor household products
- cleaners, disinfectants, drain openers, metal cleaners, polishes, bleach, acids, stain removers, rust removers, ammonia, wax strippers
- photographic chemicals, paint removers, nail polishes and nail polish removers, hair colour
- adhesives and glues
- flea sprays/powders, air fresheners, lighter fluid, kerosene, lubricating oils, mothballs, aerosol cans, etc.
- Household batteries – button cell, rechargeable, lithium, alkaline, etc.
- Fluorescent bulbs, tubes and ballasts
- Mercury thermometers and thermostats
- Outdoor household chemicals
- pool/spa chemicals, fungicides, insecticides, herbicides, chemical fertilizers, driveway sealers, aerosol cans, etc.
- Medication – prescription and non-prescription drugs
- Medical needles and syringes – medical “sharps”
- Automotive products
- antifreeze, motor oil, oil filters, empty motor oil containers, gasoline (in certified containers, which will be forfeited at the site), brake fluid, transmission fluid, waxes, windshield wiper solution, diesel fuel, etc.
- Automotive batteries – including snowmobile, motorcycle, lawnmower, garden tractor, etc.
- Fire extinguishers
- Propane cylinders