Help Wanted In Puslinch!From time to time, PuslinchToday.ca will post job openings for local businesses looking to hire new personnel. Below you will find these listings when available. Please contact the hiring companies directly as we have no further information about these positions than what is listed on this page.
Please share links to this page on your Twitter and Facebook feeds to help us spread the words about jobs available in our area. Thank you.
If you are a local business and are hiring, contact us to inquire about listing your job openings by clicking here.
Current Job Postings:
Reports to: Deputy Clerk
Reporting to the Deputy Clerk, the Legislative Assistant isresponsible for providing legislative and administrative support, including support for the Fire Department and Public Works and Parks Departments. The Legislative Assistant is responsible for the interpretation of the Township’s Zoning By-law and responds to compliance letter requests. Provides legislative services to various committees of Council. Assists with the implementation and maintenance of the Township’s Records Management Program. Issue licences/permit and respond to enforcement and general counter and phone inquiries.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Planning and Development related Duties
• Prepare mailing lists for the various planning applications using GIS software
• Interpret the Township’s zoning by-law and respond to inquiries including MDS calculations and confirm applications meet the requirements of a Nutrient Management Strategy
• Performs the zoning review for all building permit applications including the septic system zoning review as per the Ontario Building Code.
• Process and sign responses to solicitors inquiring about the status of zoning, building, heritage, subdivision and site plan compliance letter requests.
• Assists the Deputy Clerk with the processing of Antenna System Siting Proposals as mandated by Industry Canada, liaising with CRINS-SINRC including site investigation meetings, coordinating and approving public notification, review of public consultation results and the issuance of a letter of concurrence or non-concurrence to Industry Canada for proposals.
• Facilitate Township mapping requirements with the County of Wellington GIS Department, create location mapping for staff reports, be up-to-date with County training and provide assistance to Township Staff with the GeoCortex mapping program.
• Assist with the monitoring, maintenance and reporting requirementsfor the various aggregate pitsthat operate in the Township.
• Attend development review meetings and provide input on zoning related matters
• Act as scribe for all development review meetings, process payments, and compile summary comments to be sent to all participants.
• File and catalogue reference and registered plans
Administrative Support to various departments
• Provide administrative support to the various departments (Administration, Fire and Public Works & Parks) including preparation of correspondence and collection and entering of data into the applicable Township software programs.
• Enter Fire Incidents into FireHouse software for statistical reporting to the Fire Marshal’s Office.
• Assist the Fire Prevention Officer with Compliance letter requests
• Monitor and track small water drinking system invoices and reports and prepare information necessary for the annual reporting.
• Assist the Director of Public Works with the preparation, maintenance and tracking required for the Water Audit.
• Coordinate with the Township’s water-testing vendor in ordering sample bottles and shipping materials including the annual lead testing materials.
• Assist Public Works with the printing and delivering of notices of work.
• Assist with the preparation of the annual on call schedule for Public Works.
• Assist with the preparation of the annual water testing schedules for each facility.
• Assist with the preparation of the data sheet for the annual CVOR renewal, process the application and payment.
• Receive Entrance Permit applications, process payments, enter into the Township’s software system for tracking purposes, and schedule inspections with the Public Works Department.
• Provide back up to the Customer Service Coordinators as required (Building permit intake, property tax related inquires, Facility Booking Inquiries, Building permit inspection scheduling).
• Prepare monthly and annual statistical information for the Fire Chief and Deputy Fire Chief.
• Administer the Township’s lottery licensing program and completion of required reports for the Alcohol and Gaming Commission.
• Maintain Township’s staff contact information
• Coordination of the submission of nominees for various award programs e.g. Senior of the Year and Volunteer of the Year.
• Manage the HR related courses and training including the on-going tracking of the completion of all mandatory related training for Township employees, Council and Committee members.
• Management of employee and Council member on-boarding and off-boarding procedures.
• Provide administrative and legislative support to the Heritage Committee and the Recreation Committee.
• Liaise with internal staff to classify records and establish files including property files and plans.
• Liaise with various departments to develop and manage permit applications and guidelines on the Corporate website.
• Coordinate special events on behalf of the Township e.g. Township Appreciation Night, etc.
• Track and Maintain Corporate Cell phones; issuing new phones and numbers and monitoring account overages.
• Receive and issue Special Event permits in consultation with internal departments, the County, and the OPP.
• Assist with the implementation of the Township’s Health and Safety Program including the development of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with legislation (e.g. The Health and Safety Multi-Year Action Plan)
• Enter pertinent file classification information into the Township’s database of records.
• Respond to general inquiries at the Township’s counter and over the phone.
• Distribute and process incoming mail including management of the Township’s general email account.
• Prepare and send registered mail on behalf of the various departments including the tracking of all registered mail.
• Prepare and coordinate all Township job postings, schedule interviews and employee orientation in accordance with Township policies.
• Provide internal operational information technology support to the corporation. Assist the Deputy Clerk in the development and maintenance of information technology resources, planning and managing of information technology projects, authorizing expenditures in accordance with the approved budget.
• Coordinate corporate meetings and training sessions.
• Prepare and maintain employee files by ensuring required training obligations are fulfilled e.g. Health and Safety, Accessibility.
• Maintains office consolidations of regulatory by-laws.
• Carries out responsibilities of Division Registrar for the purpose of registering deaths.
• Assists with the Municipal Election and Council orientation.
• Maintains and updates the Township’s Emergency Response Plan and is a scribe for the Emergency Response Plan Committee
• Develop and maintain job related procedures.
• Perform additional duties and special projects as required.
• Be responsible to work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, the Township of Puslinch Occupational Health, Safety and Workplace Violence Policy and Procedures, as well as established industry guidelines. By-Law Enforcement
• Assist with the receipt, file creation, interpretation and tracking of enforcement complaints and coordinate with the enforcement officer.
• Maintain the By-law Enforcement Occurrence Tracker including all new occurrences, files under investigation, and closed files.
• Prepare quarterly and annual statistical information for By-law reports to Council.
• Prepare enforcement notices on behalf of the By-law Enforcement Officer.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Community college diploma in Office Legal Administration or related field
• Minimum 3 years related experience in legal office and in customer service
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills including the ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Strong organizational and problem solving skills
• Computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and database applications WORKING CONDITIONS
• General office environment
• Local travel
• Occasional exposure to conflict situations
• Must be able to work after hours to attend Committee meetings or Public Information meetings or when deemed necessary to meet deadlines