March 2, 2018
The Guelph YMCA-YWCA is offering a Leader In Training Program during March Break for 13-17 year olds. This program includes two amazing certifications (First Aid and CPR as well as High Five Healthy Child Development) required by many associations when working with Children.
The Leader In Training Program for 13-17 year olds is a one week training session offering leadership training, team based activities along with two in house certifications (LSS First Aid/CPR & High Five Principals of Healthy Child Development). The Leader In training Program (LIT) strives to develop today’s young people into our leaders of tomorrow while better understanding how to work with children and youth either in a camp or recreation program setting. This one week program will have youth connected to other youth in a safe, welcoming and positive environment. The program competencies will include:
- Customer Service (Talking to children and their families)
- Behavior Management/Child Guidance Policies
- Resume Writing 101
- Health and Safety
- High Five Principals of Healthy Child Development Certification (included in fee)
- LSS First Aid/CPR certification (included in fee)
- Goal setting and personal growth
- First hand learning as we spend some time with our 6-12 year old campers at March Break Camp.
- A fun swim will take place on three of the offered 5 days with the 6-12 year old campers.
- This program will take place in the Fred Kelly Room at the Main Y at 130 Woodland Glen dr.
Please bring a healthy lunch to program with you daily.
Register today as limited space is available at Guelphy.org For any further questions related to this program please call Sarah Thomas at 519-824-5150 ext. 270 or email her at [email protected]