Go Green for Earth Day!
Since its creation in 1970, Earth Day has become a global day of action and awareness. At our libraries,
we have resources and materials to help you go green!
For quick tips and articles, magazines can be a great resource. Be sure to check out Mother Earth News,
Canadian Gardening, and Clean Eating magazines.
We offer many educational books for all ages on topics relating to the environment, such as:
- Slick Water: Fracking and One Insider’s Stand Against the World’s Most Powerful Industry by
- Running With Nature: Stepping Into the Life You Were Meant to Live by Mariel Hemingway
- I Love Dirt!: 52 Activities to Help You and Your Kids Discover the Wonders of Nature by
- All New Crafts for Earth Day by Kathy Ross
- Franklin and Friends: Franklin’s Earth Day (DVD)
- Max and Ruby: Earth Day Party (DVD)
Beyond books, we offer online resources, such as Living Green from World Book, to find videos and
articles relating to environmental awareness.
Head to your local branch during the month of April to see what is on display and to get some creative
ideas to help you commemorate Earth Day 2016!