The COVID‐19 situation continues to change. Following a careful and thorough review of the current CoVid‐19 situation in the Province, and following consultation with Health officials, The Township of Puslinch is providing the following update. Unfortunately, recent trends in positive cases in Ontario are moving in the wrong direction.
Use of all Township facilities by the public is to be in accordance with the physical separation directives issued by the Province. Individuals using these facilities, except for members of the same household, are required to maintain physical distancing of at least 2 metres or six feet. All gatherings or events must comply with all Provincial directives as well as those of Wellington‐Dufferin Guelph Public Health. We strongly encourage individuals utilizing available facilities to adhere to all physical distancing requirements. Failure to do so, may result in the Township being directed to close facilities again. Enforcement concerns should be communicated to the OPP non‐emergency number at 1‐888‐310‐1122.
The Township relies heavily on the advice and information provided by our federal, provincial and local public health professionals. As a result, the following closures remain in effect to January 15th, 2021. The decision to extend closures and cancellations will be continually reviewed, in conjunction with direction from the Province, guidance from Wellington‐Dufferin
Guelph Public Health, and the Chief Medical Officer of Health to determine if an earlier opening is possible or if a further extension is required.
The following Township owned facilities remain closed:
- All washrooms and change rooms
- Puslinch Community Centre
- Gymnasium at the Optimist Recreation Centre
- Municipal Office
This is a rapidly evolving situation; discussions and decisions are being made on an ongoing basis. Any changes in operations will be communicated and posted to the Township’s website at www.puslinch.ca.
- Township staff will continue to be available to assist and service residents by electronic means only. Business can be conducted on‐line by email at [email protected] or [email protected] or by phone by calling 519‐763‐1226
- Township Building Officials will continue to be available regarding permits and for inspections. These appointments can be booked or cancelled by emailing [email protected].
- Taxes can be paid through financial institutions via internet or telephone banking.
- Burn permits and dog tags can be purchased online at www.puslinch.ca.
- Additionally, there is a secure 24/7 mail drop box at the Township Municipal Office, located at 7404 Wellington Road 34, Puslinch Ontario.
The Township intends to make every effort possible to uphold a strong level of customer service during this time. This includes continuity of essential services such as fire and road maintenance on a priority basis to support our community.
For more information on COVID‐19, and tips on taking care of your mental health during physical distancing and social isolation, please contact Wellington‐Dufferin‐Guelph Public Health at 1‐800‐265‐7006 or visit www.wdgpublichealth.ca.