January 13, 2023
Online shopping makes it easier to find that perfect gift for the festive season, but it’s also made it a cinch for thieves to steal your purchases right from your doorstep.
The good news is that you don’t have to be a victim if you follow a few simple steps aimed at sending the porch pirate away empty-handed.
- Request a signature on delivery.
- Ship the package to a trusted neighbour or relative who will be home.
- Arranged to have packages delivered to your workplace – if your employer allows it.
- Track your delivery online so you know when they’re slated to arrive and plan to be home when the package is delivered.
- Install video cameras and post signage to indicate surveillance is in effect.
- Request the package be left out of sight at a rear or side door.
- Choose in-store or curbside pickup.
To contact your local OPP detachment, call 1-888-310-1122 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
Tagged with: Crime